Tannu-di-kudi & Tannu-da-puttar

We intend to track various interesting things that go on in the lively lives of Rida and Rayan- our daughter and son. Photos, events etc. shall be posted so keep coming back.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Rida goes to school again


Yesterday (14 June 2006) was Rida's first day at her new school- EuroKids Banjara Hills. She is in Nursery. I went there a little early, around 8:40 AM (the school starts at 9:30) to spend time with Rida at the new premises before she is left alone. I am not sure how well it worked because she started to cry when I was leaving her classroom. It is a good thing that the prudent staff have decided that the kids will spend only one hour (9:30 to 10:30) at the school for two weeks, so as to manage their separation anxiety and crying. When I went to pick her up she was still crying. Noticing her in the spare clothes Farheen packs for her, it was clear that she had vomited. Just like she did during her initial days at Playschool a few months ago. She didn't stop crying till we reached home.

Today, her second day, was slightly better- but only slightly. Rida resisted going to school by starting to cry even before we left home. Then, no sooner than I took her into the premises, she vomited. The aaya took my little crying baby into the toilet to clean her up (she hadn't spoilt her clothes, though) and I left the school with a heavy heart. At 10:30, Farheen also came with me to pick her up. She came out of the classroom with a sad face and burst out crying on the first sight of us. Once in her mum's arms, she eased a little bit. Her teacher said she was absolutely fine in the class- didn't cry.

God! I hope she settles down soon. Real soon. Amen.